We support using rFactor Pro as a visual component in driving simulator. We need two machines to use rFactor Pro Visuals. . One needs to be a RedHawk system running SimWB and the other a Windows 7 system (64-bit) system running rFactor Pro. The figure below shows a high level setup required for running rFactor Pro Viusals with SimWB.
Install rFactor Pro on a Windows 7 System
- Please obtain the rFactorPro executable from rFactor Pro. This is usually in a compressed archive.
- Install this executable on the system with Windows 7 64-bit. Also, it will be great if this system runs NVIDIA Titan card(s). If not, we will need at least a NVIDIA 680X or better. The installation procedure is usually as follows:
- Extract the archive file downloaded in Step 1 above in the Windows machine (Say under C:\rFactorPro).
- Run the program ‘rFRegistrationV210.exe’ in folder ‘C:\rFactorPro\rFPro_0938\Support’. This will give a registration code. Please use send this to rFactor Pro to get the license for rFactorPro.
Configure rFactor Pro to use external physics engine
- Start rFactor Pro Work Station Console and define the settings as mentioned in the Installation guide.
- Physics Settings are also shown above. IP address in above figure is the local machine’s IP address (The IP of the Windows PC running rFactor Pro). Also make sure to check the "Use 3rd party physics" option.
- We set the LAN settings as shown below
- You have to edit couple of configuration files in the rFactor Pro installation folder as shown below:
Open the file in a text editor and ensure the following settings have these values: [VehicleModel] LoadVehicleModelPlugin=True PluginFileName=Plugins\SubPlugins\RemoteModelPlugin.dll [SimControl] LocalIPAddress=10.134.32.195 RemoteIPAddress=10.134.32.195 Please see above that both the IP addresses are same as the address of the local machine (The IP of the Windows PC running rFactor Pro).
Open the file in a text editor and ensure the following settings have these values: [General] EnableLocalFFB=False [IPConfig] LocalIPAddress=10.134.32.195 LocalPortSend=11051 LocalPortRecv=11052 RemoteIPAddress=10.134.32.200 RemotePortSend=11053 RemotePortRecv=11054
- Also make sure the Firewall on windows side is configured to allow traffic on above ports.
Configure SimWB to talk to rFactor Pro
- Make sure you have a RTDB item named "input.rFactorPro_StartSession" in your RTDB. If it doesn't exist, manually create one of double data type.
- In the SimWB, add an rFactor I/O task and configure it with same IP address as the rFactor Pro Windows PC.
- Make sure the 'UDP Physics output port' and 'UDP Physics output port' correspond to 'LocalPortRecv' in 'RemoteModelPlugin.ini' above. And make sure 'UDP input port' correspond to 'RemotePortRecv' in 'RemoteModelPlugin.ini'