Revision as of 16:06, 11 May 2021 by Praveen
We support using rFpro as a visual component in driving simulator. We need two machines to use rFpro Visuals. One needs to be a RedHawk system running SimWB and the other a Windows 10 system (64-bit) system running rFpro. The figure below shows a high level setup required for running rFpro Viusals with SimWB.
Install rFpro on a Windows 10 System
- Please obtain the rFpro executable from rFpro. This is usually in a compressed archive.
- Install this executable on the system with Windows 10 64-bit. Also, it will be great if this system runs NVIDIA RTX 3080. If not, we will need at least a NVIDIA 3060 or better. The installation procedure is usually as follows:
- Extract the archive file downloaded in Step 1 above in the Windows machine (Say under C:\rFpro).
- Run the program ‘rFproWorkstationConsole.exe’ in folder ‘C:\rFpro\AdminConsole’. After starting this, click on 'Generate Registration Codes' from the 'Tools' menu. This will give a registration code. Please send this to rFpro to get the license for rFpro.
Configure rFpro to use external physics engine
- Start rFpro Work Station Console and define the settings as mentioned in the Installation guide.
- Physics Settings are also shown above. IP address in above figure is the local machine’s IP address (The IP of the Windows PC running rFpro). Also make sure to check the "Use 3rd party physics" option.
- You have to edit couple of configuration files in the rFpro installation folder as shown below:
Open the file in a text editor and ensure the following settings have these values: [VehicleModel] LoadVehicleModelPlugin=True PluginFileName=Plugins\SubPlugins\RemoteModelPlugin.dll [SimControl] LocalIPAddress=10.134.32.195 RemoteIPAddress=10.134.32.195 Please see above that both the IP addresses are same as the address of the local machine (The IP of the Windows PC running rFpro).
Open the file in a text editor and ensure the following settings have these values: [General] EnableLocalFFB=False [IPConfig] LocalIPAddress=10.134.32.195 LocalPortSend=11051 LocalPortRecv=11052 RemoteIPAddress=10.134.32.200 RemotePortSend=11053 RemotePortRecv=11054
- Also make sure the Firewall on windows side is configured to allow traffic on above ports.
Configure SimWB to talk to rFpro
- Make sure you have a RTDB item named "input.rFpro_StartSession" in your RTDB. If it doesn't exist, manually create one of double data type.
- In the SimWB, add an rFpro I/O task and configure it with same IP address as the rFpro Windows PC.
- Make sure the 'UDP Physics output port' and 'UDP Physics output port' correspond to 'LocalPortRecv' in 'RemoteModelPlugin.ini' above. And make sure 'UDP input port' correspond to 'RemotePortRecv' in 'RemoteModelPlugin.ini'